Wednesday, April 7, 2010

NAPT Main Event Busto

"You played really well man"
-Tim West (after knocking me out of NAPT Main event 3 hours in)

I'm sitting in my hotel room at the Mohegan Sun wondering if there was anything I could do to avoid busting out in a mere 3 hours of the main event. I was dealt kings when an aggresive player squeezed. I flat called the raise to 1750 with 30k to start (along with 2 other players behind me, 4-way to flop) and the board ran out 10-7-3 with 2 spades. The squeezer 2nd to act bets 2400 into a pot of about 7k. I raise to 6200 and the other 2 players fold. The sqeezer re-raises it back to 16k. I tank forever as the clock is called on me and I fold. The raiser told me he had aces.

My actual bustout hand i limped behind on the button in a 6 way pot (14k left in stack) with k7 of spades and the board runs outs q-j-4 with 2 spades. Someone leads out 700, Tim West calls in mid-position, and I call on the button. Turn is the 6 of spades. Original better leads again for 1200 weakly, T-May makes it 5100. With my stack I don't think there is anything I can do but move in and im drawn dead to the a8 of spades. I knew there was a decent chance Tim would have the nuts here, but with my stack I dont know if I can fold 2nd nuts when Tim can have a bunch of smaller flushes.

Even though i busted out quickly, I was very happy with my play and specifically my ability for reading players and situations in the live setting. Another live tournament with multiple cooler scenarios that I thought I handled really well. If the cards fall may way even slightly I know I can make a deep run in the upcoming EPT San Remo or Monte Carlo events.

Either way I'm dying to eat some real Italian food and plan on having a good time no matter what happens. Most of my poker friends will be there and I know it will be good times.

Peace,
Simon Charette (pokerbrat13/tedlogan19)

No comments:

Post a Comment